A fellow blogger, Simone, who has the Fattie No More blog, nominated me as an inspiring blog. Thank you so much for nominating me, and for your kind words on my blog. I truly am honored.
This post is a result of that nomination. There are 5 rules I have to follow, so here goes:
1.Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
2.List the rules and display the award.
3.Share seven facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5.Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
And here are my seven facts:
1. My wife and I have been married for 31 years, and have 4 amazing, adult children
2. I was born and raised in America’s North Coast, the home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland, Ohio.
3. I have a passion for photographing lighthouses. I have visited and photographed 169 lighthouses in the US and Canada.
4. I am an avid camper, and also have an outdoor blog that is very neglected right now. We try to camp about 30 nights a year.
5. I am left handed and Irish. Not sure why I am counting that as one fact.
6. I spend much of my time from Labor Day (First Monday in September) until Christmas creating calendars for family and friends. It is one of the highlights of my whole year.
7. I am allergic to grass and dust. My house chores mostly consist of laundry and dishes as a result.
And here are the 15 blogs I wish to nominate:
1. Mama Ames Gets Healthy! Amy is a constant source of inspiration. She always has a kind word for me in my comments. Thanks, Amy!
2. What Matters Nutrition When I started my weight loss blog, David was one of the first to comment and follow me. Thank you, David.
3. Chronic Conditions & Life Lessons Kim is a gifted writer, and one of the most thoughtful bloggers I have read. I am always inspired by her.
4. Quitting is Never and Option Kassie is a work in progress like me, but she is miles ahead of me. She takes a lot of time encouraging others, and has made this into not only a healthy life choice for herself, but is also becoming a coach.
5. Apartment 136 Andrea writes about a variety of topics, including weight loss.
6. Ballparks on a Budget Alicia travels the US living the life I only dream of. She is also a dedicated baseball fan, and her takes on the parks is always fun.
7. Girlie Camping Don’t let the title fool you. She may have started her blog as a novice camper but she is quickly becoming a seasoned pro. Enjoy her articles always.
8. The Healthy Living Challenge This Aussie college gal has great insights. She hasn’t been blogging lately, but I am confident she’ll be back soon with fresh takes.
9. Brooke Not on a Diet. After seeing her on Yahoo I was totally impressed. Check her blog and see what weight loss looks like. She is quite gifted.
10. I’m Done Being The Fat Girl She incorporates a lot of encouragement into her blog. I always appreciate her honesty with herself
11. Hopefully Bikiniskinni This one is new in my rotation, but already I have been inspired by her dedication
12. Always Thinking I’m Fat. Great takes on life and weight loss. Be sure to read her article “A Fat Girl’s Promise”
13. Dream Big, Get Fit Another Weight Watchers success story
14. My Body My Time Always has positive takes on life.
15. Fitness Royalty Haven’t heard much on this one lately, but that may be my fault. Good blog for sure
So there you have it. I encourage you to visit as many of these blogs as you can. To all of you linked here, thank you for encouraging and inspiring me along the way.