As you can see from the headline, I DID IT! I managed my way through Thanksgiving, and registered a weight loss on the morning after. Since last Friday I am down 1.8 pounds. That brings my total weight loss to 104.8 pounds, or 30.4% of my original weight. Here is how the food part of yesterday worked out:
- Turkey (5oz – 6 points)
- Mashed Potatoes (1/2 cup – 3 points)
- Stuffing (1/4 cup – 3 points)
- Steamed Broccoli (2 servings – 2 points)
- Steamed Corn (1/2 cup – 2 points)
- Green Bean Casserole (1 serving – 6 points)
Crescent Rolls (1 – 3 points) Glass of wine
- 1/2 serving of Cherry Cheesecake (5 points)
By eliminating the glass of wine, and the crescent roll, I kept the meal to a very manageable level. I felt great afterwards, and spent the evening hanging out with family, instead of fighting off the food coma I usually get.
This morning it was back to the gym. I did 10km, and here is my updated chart:
I have made it through the first milestone of the Holiday season with my plan on course. I am feeling more energized and motivated than ever. This coming week will be a banner week for sure.
How did you do with the Thanksgiving feast?