Good Monday morning to you all! I hope that you are feeling fine today. I am feeling great for two important reasons:
1. I am healthy again!!! With the exception of a very minor, very occasional cough, I have shaken the effects of that cold that’s been bothering me for a while.
2. IT IS STARTING TO WARM UP! I know from past experience that we are probably not yet done with cold weather, but I also know that the forecast for the next 10 days all feature high temperatures well above freezing, even approaching 60 degrees. Even the majority of the forecasted low temperatures are above freezing. Those are hopeful signs of the weather finally turning the corner.
With these two, very hopeful things in mind I am giving myself a quick 28 day challenge. In 28 days it will be Easter, so here is how I want to boost myself for the next 4 weeks (March 9 to April 5)
- 28 hours in the gym. I have been doing an hour of treadmill walking on each trip to the gym, so if I went every day, I’d be all set. I know I won’t go everyday just because of scheduling issues, so I am committing myself to having some extra time!
- 150 miles of walking! Again, when I go to the gym I am presently doing 3.8 miles (6km) on each visit. To get to 150 miles in 28 days, I will have to have 5.3 miles per day. That means in addition to my treadmill work, I’ll need to walk about another 1.5 miles every day. With the temperatures rising, and the snow melting, outdoor walks around my building at work and my neighborhood at home come into play.
- 28 straight days of strictly counting my WW points. I usually get about 5 days per week where I am accurate in my counting. This will be a step up for me.
- A posting on this blog every day. I will be updating my progress on these goals, and also giving my thoughts on weight loss, getting more healthy, things I see in the news and more. I know that when I write here often, I am more diligent about my healthy lifestyle.
My next weight goal is 218 pounds. That is the lowest weight I reached back in 2001 when I was on Weight Watchers. As of last Friday I was at 230 pounds, so that is 12 pounds to go. Losing 12 pounds in 4 weeks is a stretch, so I am not specifically setting that to be a goal for this period. For me, this time isn’t about the weight loss, it is about shaking off the last remnants of Winter, and getting my Spring mood in full gear.
Who is with me? What goals will you set for yourself for the next 28 days?